Persona 5 Royal is an expanded and enhanced version of the 2017 video game Persona 5, developed by Atlus for PlayStation 4. It was released in Japan in October 2019 and later worldwide in March 2020.
The game follows a high school student known as the “Phantom Thief,” who leads a group of vigilantes called the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. The Phantom Thieves aim to change the hearts of corrupt adults by entering their subconscious world, called the Metaverse, and stealing their distorted desires.
Persona 5 Royal adds new characters, storylines, gameplay mechanics, and areas to explore compared to the original Persona 5 game. The new content includes a new playable character, Kasumi Yoshizawa, a new Palace, and an extra semester of school life. The game also introduces new Personas, new social events, and other quality-of-life improvements.
This game has received critical acclaim for its deep story, engaging characters, stylish visuals, and addictive gameplay. It is widely considered one of the best JRPGs (Japanese role-playing games) of all time, and a must-play for fans of the genre.
How to play
Here is a guide on how to play the game:
- Choose the Difficulty Level: Persona 5 Royal has four difficulty levels – Safety, Easy, Normal, and Hard. Choose the level that best suits your experience and play style.
- Create your Character: You play as a high school student who has just transferred to Tokyo. You can choose the character’s name, gender, and appearance.
- Progress Through the Story: Persona 5 Royal follows a linear storyline. You play as a Phantom Thief, who uses supernatural powers called Personas to steal the hearts of corrupt individuals. Progress through the story by completing tasks and missions.
- Build Relationships: The game features a Social Link system, where you can build relationships with other characters in the game. Building relationships can unlock new abilities and benefits.
- Combat: Combat is turn-based, and you can use your Persona’s abilities to defeat enemies. Each enemy has a weakness that you can exploit to deal extra damage. You can also negotiate with enemies to persuade them to join your team.
- Time Management: Persona 5 Royal features a time management system. You need to balance your time between school, social links, and combat. Planning your time well is essential to progress through the game.
- Use the Velvet Room: The Velvet Room is a place where you can fuse Personas to create stronger ones. You can also train your Personas to learn new abilities.
- Customize your Character: You can equip your character with different weapons, armor, and accessories. Customize your character to suit your play style.
- Explore Tokyo: Persona 5 Royal features a vibrant and detailed world to explore. You can visit various locations and interact with NPCs to learn more about the game’s world.
- Enjoy the Story: Persona 5 Royal has an engaging story with memorable characters. Take your time to enjoy the game’s story, characters, and world.
Beating Okumura boss
The Okumura boss fight in Persona 5 Royal can be a challenging one, but there are several strategies that you can use to make the fight easier. Here are some tips:
- Build a balanced team: Make sure you have a well-balanced team with different types of Persona to cover different elements and resistances. You should have at least one Persona that can nullify or repel Bless and Curse attacks.
- Exploit enemy weaknesses: Use the Baton Pass system to attack the enemies’ weaknesses and deal more damage. Try to target the robots first, as they are weaker and can be taken down quickly.
- Use Buffs and Debuffs: Buff your party members with skills like Tarukaja and Rakukaja, and debuff the enemy with skills like Tarunda and Rakunda. This will make your attacks more effective and reduce the enemy’s ability to hit you.
- Watch out for Baton Pass opportunities: When an enemy is knocked down, use Baton Pass to pass the turn to a teammate who can deal more damage or exploit another weakness.
- Don’t waste time: Use skills that can hit multiple enemies at once, and avoid wasting time on skills that only hit one enemy at a time.
- Prepare for the Big Bang Challenge: During the final phase of the fight, the boss will use an attack called Big Bang Challenge that deals massive damage to your party. To survive this attack, make sure your party is at full health and has the appropriate buffs and debuffs in place.
- Have a plan for the party’s rotation: It’s important to have a plan for how your party members will rotate in and out of battle. Make sure you have a backup plan in case a party member gets knocked out.
By following these strategies, you should be able to defeat the Okumura boss in Persona 5 Royal.
What should you not do in Persona 5 Royal?
Persona 5 Royal is a complex game with a lot of choices to make and paths to take. Here are some things you should avoid doing in the game:
- Ignoring the Confidants: Confidants are characters you can build relationships with, and they play a significant role in the game. Ignoring them can cause you to miss out on important benefits and opportunities.
- Wasting Time: Time is a precious resource in Persona 5 Royal. Don’t waste it on activities that don’t provide any meaningful benefits or progress.
- Skipping Dialogue: The story and characters are an essential part of the game. Skipping dialogue can cause you to miss out on important information and character development.
- Not Leveling Up: Combat is an important part of the game, and failing to level up your characters can make battles unnecessarily difficult.
- Not Managing your Money: Money is crucial in Persona 5 Royal, as it allows you to buy new equipment and items. Failing to manage your money can leave you struggling later on in the game.
- Not Taking Advantage of the Velvet Room: The Velvet Room is where you can fuse and strengthen your Personas. Failing to take advantage of this feature can make battles much harder than they need to be.
Overall, Persona 5 Royal is a game that rewards careful planning and attention to detail. By avoiding these mistakes, you can ensure that you get the most out of your experience.